June 24, 2011

Serendipity: D.C. Wedding Photographer

Talk to anyone who knows me and you will find out that serendipity has been the story of my life. What is serendipity? According to good old Merriam Webster, "It's the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for."

How I even got into photography was complete serendipity, which is a story for another post, but suffice it to say that it was simply a happy accident.

Last night was nothing short of this too. As you know from my blog, the beauty where I live is pretty much untouchable. Right across from my property is this gorgeous vineyard. The owner grows grapes and sells them to the local wineries. It is simply breathtaking. So yesterday morning I was driving past the vineyard, as I do everyday, knowing that that evening I was doing a bride and groom shoot. I was thinking to myself how great it would be to shoot at the vineyard. Now the owner of the vineyard doesn't live close by and he isn't always at the vineyard, in fact he rarely is. So if you happen to catch him, you are lucky.

So it was locked up all day. An hour prior to the shoot I was driving past it again and guess who was driving right in front of me? The owner of the vineyard. He was working at his vineyard that evening. Of course I stopped, asked for permission to shoot there and it all worked out perfectly. I can't tell you how many times in my life when I have wanted or needed something and it all just works out perfectly.

I believe in prayer and thinking positive. To me, thinking positive is really a manifestation of faith that what we desire that is good, will come to pass. Not to ramble on and on, but I just can't help sharing my thoughts after such a great night.

Here is just one quick one and I have so many more to post from this so stay tuned!

No comments:

Like

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails