April 8, 2010

Photography is about more than just taking pictures. It's about capturing a moment in time that will never be there again. It calls to mind a particular memory I have of my grandmother. I was back in my hometown for a visit and wanted to visit with my grandmother. The lighting outside was perfect; it was early evening. I thought to myself, I should grab my camera. I was in a hurry so I didn't grab the camera. It was a beautiful evening as we walked through her garden and down her sloping brick pathway. I was so mad I hadn't listened to my intuition and brought my camera. The next day, the weather was equally nice and I went for a second try. This time I brought my camera and I have some wonderful pictures of me, my grandmother, and her great-grandchildren all together.

With the state of the world's economy many may think that now is not the time to invest in good photography. Unfortunately, memories don't wait for a recession to be over. And at times like these it's when we evaluate those things in our lives that are truly important and have lasting value, our families. We can do without many things, but we cannot do without our families. Investing in good photography will be something you will cherish now and for years to come.

And since I can't post without a picture... here's one of my Mr. J. watching the planes on our way down to Panama.



1 comment:

Mark said...

I love your pictures Shauna. You really have a talent.

Like

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails